Wednesday, March 18, 2015

New to Me

Oh I just love thrift stores!


These are handknit slippers I found at the thrift store today. They have some sort of faux leather hand stitched to the bottom of them. They were a whole $2.50. I'm almost 99% percent sure the fiber is cotton.  As foolish as it sounds, I past up a pair of something just like these last year. They were free!  Yes, I know.  I've always regretted it so you can understand my delight when I found these.


Oh I was in basket heaven when I found this.  I absolutely love baskets.  I can find a use for them in every single room in my house.  I've been on the look out for one this big to be placed beside my spot on the couch.  Every couch we have had, no matter how big it is, my family always says we need a bigger couch.  We finally figured out what it is.  I, unconsciously, take up an entire side of the couch with knitting, books, journals, a comfy cardigan if I get cold, an extra pair of wool socks, a laptop and camera, and any other craft or interest I'm pursuing at the time.  When we moved all the way from Michigan to New York and the same couch hogging occurred by yours truly I decided it was time to do something about it.  I used a cardboard box to store all of my things while I searched for the perfect basket.  I hate things being stored in cardboard boxes so I searched for a nice basket each chance that I was given.  My search is over and I have this lovely basket now beside me and my family has space on the couch again.
 
Oh and the huge price tag for the basket was $3.00.  Oh I think the only sale I love more than a thrift store sale is a garage sale.
 
What treasures have you found lately?  I would love to hear about it.

Always,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment