Monday, March 30, 2015

Rain, Rain, Don't Go Away


This sits on top of a building near our home.  I actually took the picture while standing on our front porch.  The grey sky all around this old building is just beautiful.  I'm totally opposite of what I hear other women speaking of.  I've heard them say that they get depressed in winter and feel down on rainy days.   I'm the total opposite.  I love winter and I am my happiest (weather wise) when it is raining.  I love the grey sky, the smell of rain, watching how some of the plants and grass are completely transformed after having a good rain.  When I woke up today and saw the grey skies through the curtain I just had to open the window and smell the way the air smells after a nice rain shower.  What about sun you say?  Oh nothing makes me more miserable and exhausted than extremely bright sun, a very bright sky, and burning skin.  I know, I think it's weird myself, but it's true.  The grey sky fits me I think.  I love greys, neutrals, browns, flat pinks, dry blues, dull greens, and eggplant. Where colors are concerned that is.  The only color that has a glow to it is my favorite mustard color.  Bright colors make me feel stressed to the point that I lose my breath.  Is there a name for this at all?  Not that I feel I need to be diagnosed or anything I'm just wondering.  Maybe it has something to do with my introverted personality.


Yes, yes give me rain and snow, "sheepie" wool, coffee, and family outings and I'm a happy girl.

I wrote this post because of the approaching spring season.  It's always a difficult for me when spring and summer comes around.  It's so very bright, loud, busy, and fast.  Those are four things that I just don't relate to.  I cope with it by focusing my eyes downward at the foliage, insects, and flowers.  My face stuck in a field guide.  And knitting in my lap of course.  I'm the type that could stay indoors 365 days per year and only leave out for family trips and dates with my husband.  I haven't figured out what to do with the heat yet.  Move to the Colorado mountains is a thought I recently had.  Although, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one in my family that could live in a 4 seasons of winter type place.  Oh a cozy log house in the woods surrounded by snow.  Love.  You have make good use of all those precious wooly handknits.

Sometimes I don't think this is an issue at all.  Maybe it's just who I am.

Have a lovely day. 

Always,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment