Monday, June 29, 2015

Lovely Day at the Beach

On Friday we went to the beach with friends.  It was such a nice beach.  There was water as far as the eye could see, but where the beach was it wasn't very deep.  I really like this because I thought I brought the little ones life jackets, but it appears that I left them in Michigan.
 

Yes this is a picture of MY dress........... on a blanket ............ not on my body..............at the beach.  My birthday is in a few days and if this doesn't prove that life begins at 40.....  No seriously.  I was shocked at myself.  I wasn't going to take a swim suit, but the girls kept asking me if I had one.  I put it on because at first I just wanted to make them happy, but then I thought about some of the things that I've written about in previous posts about hiding in summer.  Well I decided that this would be my first chance to forget everything else and just label this as "I'm going to have an awesome time and enjoy my children at the beach."  The rest is me ACTUALLY having an awesome time at the beach with my children!  I whipped off my dress, grabbed some little hands, and charged into ICE COLD water with on lookers watching.  Another thing that was very shocking to me and was such an "UnStephanie" thing to do (or maybe this is the new Stephanie).  I had the thought that, "Yep.  This is my 40 year old body.  It looks the way that it looks because I've shared a body with 7 wonderful human beings that now bring joy, happiness, and laughter to my life and I'm darn proud of it."  And that was that.  I had an amazing, fulfilling time at the beach like I've never had in my life.  Not even my 20's.  For the first time in my life.......STEPHANIE DIDN'T FEEL INSECURE!!  That actually brings tears to my eyes.  Yeah for me!!

 

 
 

 
We had such a fun time making this sand castle.  It was so awesome to hear Hadashie saying over and over with excitement, "Go and get more water Mommy!"
 
 
This photo is missing Mekhi because when he heard that there was also an area to fish he disappeared with his friend and a fishing pole.  The other photo I have of him he isn't allowing me to post it. 
 
 
And there were sand eaters.........face planting sand eaters.  Hilarious.
 
 
And there was tons and tons of just plain adorableness that I never can get enough of.
 
It was indeed an amazing day in more ways than one.
 
I hope you are having a great start to your week.
 
Love,
Stephanie


No comments:

Post a Comment